top of page

Our Services 


U.S. DOT Number

All companies, For-Hire and private, operating in an Interstate capacity with a vehicle that:

1.Has a GVW, GVWR, or GCWR of 10,001 lbs or more

2. Transports hazardous materials

3. Transports 8 or more passengers, including the driver, for compensation

4. Transports 15 or more passengers, including the driver, without compensation.

Many states also require companies who operate in an Intrastate (Within their own state) capacity, to obtain a US DOT number if the vehicle or combination of vehicles being operated has a GVW, GVWR, or GCWR in excess of 26,001 lbs or more.

Interstate and Intrastate Authority

All Interstate For-Hire companies are required to have Operating Authority (MC#). Authority verifies that the company meets the required insurance coverage for their operating classification. Insurance requirements vary depending on what is being transported. Cargo, passenger, hazardous materials and household goods carriers may each have different coverage requirements.


There are 33 states that require Intrastate commercial carriers to obtain a US DOT number and their requirements vary. Contact us to see if you are in a state that requires Intrastate Authority and we can assist with the process. 

U.C.R. (Unified Carrier Registration)

All Interstate companies, whether transporting For-Hire or Private, are required to participate in the UCR program. UCR fees are based on the size of a company fleet. The qualifications for UCR are that a company has a vehicle with a GVW, GVWR or GCWR of 10,001 lbs or more and is operating Interstate.

If you live in: Arizona, Hawaii, Florida, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon, Vermont, Wyoming, and Washington D.C., contact us to see which state you need to use as your base state for the purpose of UCR registration.

Compliance Verification

If you are currently operating, allow us to verify that all of the requirements have been met for your company before you go out on the road. Under the Biennial update requirement through the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, companies are required to update their MCS-150 every 2 years. Some states also require the same action from Intrastate carriers. 


Our company can obtain any temporary Trip or Fuel  Oversized/Overweight permits that you may require.


Lease Agreements

If you are required to have a lease agreement based on the current Federal law, we can prepare and maintain any necessary copies for your company. A lease agreement allows the owner of a vehicle to lease the use of the vehicle for commercial purposes, while protecting the owners investment if a legal action occurs against the company. 

IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement)​

The International Fuel Tax Agreement (or IFTA) is an agreement between the lower 48 states of the United States and the Canadian provinces, to simplify the reporting of fuel use by motor carriers that operate in more than one jurisdiction. Alaska, Hawaii, and the Canadian territories do not participate.

A Qualified Motor Vehicle is a motor vehicle used, designed, or maintained for transportation of persons or property and:

1) has two axles and a gross vehicle weight or registered gross vehicle weight exceeding 26,000 pounds or 11,797 kilograms; or

2) has three or more axles regardless of weight; or

3) is used in combination, when the weight of such combination exceeds 26,000 pounds or 11,797 kilograms gross vehicle or registered gross vehicle weight.

We can complete and submit your quarterly IFTA reports to the designated state agency for you. The only information needed from you would be your trip reports and fuel receipts. 

Driver Qualification Files

Companies must retain accurate driving histories and records of employees that operate vehicles requiring a Commercial Driver's License. Annual checks of these employees must be conducted and the results of the checks must be kept in the Driver Qualification File for review. Our company can conduct the checks and maintain the folders for you.


National Trucking Compliance Services can help you to secure the required insurance you need to remain compliant with the standards. We have access to networks of insurance providers who will seek out the best possible coverage available and for the best rates.


Our services are offered individually and in bundles. Call or email us with your needs and we shall ensure that you are given the best service possible at manageable rates

bottom of page